Between Monday, November 18 and the deadline of Monday, December 2 at 11:59, use this group to discuss the relative merits of proposals in terms of potential inclusion in the MSC Platform. In particular, discuss:
- Which specific proposals are most worthy of being in the platform, and why? (Reference the rating criteria list below.)
- In general, which issues should be the priority for students in Michigan, and which proposals best address those issues?
- Before posting, be sure to read any and all of the posts that have already been made by others. If others have posted about a proposal you'd like to discuss, join that discussion. If not, start a new thread.
- Unless you have a compelling reason to do otherwise, discuss just one proposal in each posting, indicating the name of the proposal in the title of your comment.
- Keep your comments focused on the IDEAS in the proposal, not the authors. Remember that everyone has worked hard on their proposal, and that every proposal has both strengths and weaknesses.
Please consider these criteria when rating proposals.
- Is each part of the proposal completed in a high-quality way?
- How well does the proposal demonstrate a solid understanding of the core issue and the “problem behind the problem”?
- To what extent does the proposal contain high-quality supporting evidence and background information?
- How relevant is the proposal to the needs of students of different ages and backgrounds in different parts of Michigan?
- To what extent do the consultations add important information and non-obvious perspectives?
- To what extent is there credible articulation of counter-arguments and challenges to potential adoption and implementation of the proposed solution?
- To what extent does the proposed solution contain specificity and detail that shows how it could actually be implemented and paid for?
- To what extent does the proposal demonstrate creativity and passion for the issue?