This is a public event that can count as a town hall meeting.
"As you've probably heard on the news, the state's fiscal year ends on September 30th, but the State Legislature hasn't yet approved a budget for next year. I'm continuing to fight for a spending plan that prioritizes the things that matter most to people's lives: education, health care, clean drinking water and, yes, fixing the roads. I hope you can join me for a coffee hour where we'll discuss what's happening with the state budget negotiations, plus any other state government issues that are on your mind. "
LOCATION: Sweetwaters Coffee & Tea, 3393 Plymouth Rd., Ann Arbor
Guidelines for participation:
● You are expected to do the readings and come to the event with a question (inspired by the readings).
● Out of respect for the speaker, laptops must be closed and mobile devices put away.
● Since this event is not organized by the MSC, attendance will not be taken. Instead, please write a short email (one or two paragraphs) describing your major take-aways, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of the event.
- Whitmer agrees to delay road funding talks to finish Michigan budget (Bridge Magazine)
- Statewide news of your choice